Santander has enabled its marketing teams to drive brand awareness and engage with fans on different social media channels. However, proving ROI of the activities and delivering a focused marketing strategy was a fundamental challenge:
- How can social media help enrich the data on customers and prospects?
- How can Santander prove the return of their social media campaigns?
- How can social media campaigns increase client acquisition and transactions?
Formyoula recommended ExactTarget Marketing Cloud social tools allowing Santander to quickly and easily set up campaigns that provide accurate success metrics, and to monitor the buzz around the campaigns.
For efficiency, Tquila created a social media campaign template that provides an overview of budget, key message, objectives and type of campaign to be launched, aimed at allowing the pilot countries to clearly define the campaign they were planning to run.
- Retrieval of user related data that could be matched against the bank’s existing database, in a very short time and with little effort
- Quick and easy deployment of social media campaigns using out of the box capabilities that avoid any dependency on IT
- Provision of success metrics that enable Santander to support and guide the countries that are struggling the most and to promote best practice which can be fundamental when it comes to budget allocations or strategic decisions